Located in Ninh Binh province, Tam Coc is known as “Halong bay in land”. It is only 3 hours drive from the captial Hanoi. At the river boat station, you board an open-air sampan which you hire with a rower. The boat will takes you through a winding waterway which passes through 3 caves (Tam Coc).
About 17km away from Ninh Binh to the Northwest. Van Long is the largest wetland Reserve covering an area of nearly 3000 hectares. Van Long is home to a rich fauna and flora, particularly, a habitat of the largest number of white-hipped langurs.
Before the trip end, let take your time to relax at the Kenh Ga hot spring to get rid of all worries and tired feeling!
Destinations: Hanoi - Hoa Lu - Tam Coc - Van Long Nature Reserver - Kenh Ga Hot Spring
- Enjoy a boat trip on Ngo Dong river on the way to Tam Coc.
- Discover the miraculous beauty of imposing caves and grottoes.
- Explore Van Long natural reserve with thousands flora and fauna species.
Day 1: Hanoi – Hoa Lu - Tam Coc (L, D)
- - 7.00 am: Depart Hanoi to Hoa Lu (2.5 hours).
- - Visit the ancient capital of Viet Nam Hoa Lu and the famous old temples of The Dinh and The Le Dynasties.
- - Cycling for an hour on picturesque quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops to Tam Coc (12km).
- - Check in hotel and have lunch.
- - 1.30 pm: Boat journey(1 hour) in the heart of "Inland Ha Long Bay" - Tam Coc.
- - Take a look of the beauty of the karsts formations as you pass along their base and row into three of the many caves carved through the limestone.
- - Stop for a short rest near a small shrine before returning to dock (1 hour).
- - Free time and relax.
Day 2: Van Long - Kenh Ga - Hanoi (B, L)
- - Have a breakfast, then leave Tam Coc for Van Long.
- - Take the tiny bamboo boat to visit the "preserving nature area".
- - Have lunch in restaurant. After that move to Kenh Ga.
- - Take the motor- boat on Yellow Dragon River. Visit the "hot spring" and if the time permits, you can have a shower or a swim in the hot water from the hot spring or walk through the green rice field to visit the Van Trinh Cave.
- - Drive back to Hanoi. The trip ends.
- Private round-trip transfer with A/C
- English speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner) in the local restaurants or picnics where no suitable restaurant available.
- Boat trip and entrance fees, sight seeing fee for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Drinks, tips, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Other things not clearly mentioned in the included list.